Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Feiglin in the News



15 Shvat 5773 (Jan. 26, '13)

"My vision is to have a modern Jewish country, one that is led by a man who is in-tune with a Jewish vision dated back 3,000 years," Moshe Feiglin said Friday in his first radio interview since being elected to the Knesset.

Feiglin was slated at number 22 on the joint Likud-Yisrael Beiteinu list, which won the election with 31 seats.

The head of the Manhigut Yehudit ("Jewish Leadership") faction of the Likud, who is a political hardliner, said that, "I feel the weight of the responsibility placed on my shoulders.

"Many have mistaken me for a Knesset member in the past. This is a new beginning for me and I'm in it for the long haul... As you know, I didn’t just run for a Knesset seat, but I have also always been in the running for the party's leadership.

"I will continue to vie for leadership and when the current party chairman – who we all support – steps down, I hope to be the one to succeed him," Feiglin told Radio Tel Aviv.

Commenting on the disappointment felt in the Likud following the election results – which fell below the joint ticket's projected 42 mandates – Feiglin said that "The direction of the campaign was severely flawed.

"Let's face the facts: They kept me out of (the campaign) and the Likud lost at least 10 seats because of that, and because it tried to disguise its true identity."

 

No comments: