Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Former Meretz Voter to Vote Zehut

by Moshe Feiglin

The Right is motivated by fear.
The Left is motivated by hope.

A conversation on the train, from a Zehut activist:

“I was on my way home from the army on Friday. I was sitting with friends on the train and we were talking. Among other things, we talked about elections. I, of course, proudly said that I would be voting for Zehut, and then we began to debate if Zehut will get past the voting threshold, and how it doesn’t really matter. Suddenly, a man sitting near us who looked like a classic North Tel-Avivian joined the conversation and said, ‘In the last elections I voted Meretz and this time I am voting Zehut.’ Everyone was surprised and he explained:

‘I have always been a leftist. But over the past year I understood that we don’t need Right or Left. We need a leader who will do what is right, and not what the people in Central Israel want. The only person who really stands behind his word and doesn’t speak foolishness is Feiglin. And that is why I will vote for him. Because it is the right thing to do. The voting threshold does not really interest me.’

That was the end of our conversation and we parted friends”.

No comments: