Monday, November 19, 2012

I Hate These Names

By Shmuel Sackett


Hooray – the war has a name!

Whoops, I just made a major mistake. It is not a "war", it is a "campaign". (How terrible of me!)

So let me rewrite that opening sentence:

Hooray – the campaign has a name!

Campaign Pillar of Defense.

Actually, the name in Hebrew is a bit different. In Hebrew the campaign is being called "Amood Anan" (Pillar of Cloud) which is a direct quote from our Holy Torah:

"Hashem went before them by day with a pillar of cloud.. by night it appeared as a pillar of fire.. The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire at night never left.." (Exodus 13:21-22)

So here's my question: Why call this war – whoops, there I go again – why call this campaign "Pillar of Cloud"? Wouldn't "Pillar of FIRE" be a much better name?

Yes, it would and that is exactly the problem.

The present Israeli leadership doesn't want a fire. They want an action movie. That is why the names of the recent IDF actions sound more like a James Bond movie than anything else.

In 2006 Israel launched three "operations" against Hezbollah: (Question – What is more serious; a campaign or an operation? I'm so confused!)

Operation Just Reward, Operation Sharp and Smooth and Operation Changing Direction. (Note: I am not making this stuff up!)

From 2006 to the present time, Israel launched four operations against Hamas in Gaza:

Operation Summer Rains, Operation Autumn Clouds (there are those clouds again), Operation Hot Winter and Operation Cast Lead.

And now – in 2012 – we have upgraded (I think) to Campaign Pillar of Defense. Wow, I'm impressed!

Actually, I am not impressed, I am embarrassed and ashamed.

Hamas shoots 250 rockets into Israel in the last 72 hours, kills 3 holy Jews and injures and traumatizes scores of others and we are busy with politically correct names.

I am further ashamed by the official IDF spokesperson, Lt Col Avital Leibovich who spoke to the media today and said a lot of things but never mentioned the word "Victory" or "War".

Her presentation was carefully worded and she spoke about the great lengths the IDF is taking to prevent civilian casualties in Gaza.

I am sorry but I don't get impressed by an army whose priority is preventing civilian casualties to the enemy.

Truthfully, I want Gaza to look like Berlin did in 1945 and I will not lose one moment of sleep if that miracle actually took place.

Two sirens have already been sounded in Tel Aviv and missiles are flying everywhere.

The Israeli leadership needs to answer some very serious questions, very quickly:

Does this land really belong to us? If so – DEFEND IT PROPERLY or hand over the reins of leadership to those who would!

What concerns you more; the safety of your citizens or what the world is saying about you? Thus far – Israel's leaders have answered that question incorrectly!

Do you want to solve this problem once-and-for-all or just put a band-aid on the bleeding?

In short; do you want to WIN or just land a few punches?

For the last few days I have been writing articles like this and ending each one with an appeal to help the political campaign of Moshe Feiglin for Likud Knesset member.

In case you had any doubts, the connection is clear.

Moshe is not running for the Knesset because he is a professional politician or interested in a nice cushy job.

He wants to enter the Knesset and very shortly after that lead Israel on a new path.

His ideology and vision is one of Jewish pride and Jewish strength.

His goal is to turn Israel from the state of the Jews into the Jewish State and to never – and I mean NEVER – apologize to the world why we are here and building our country.

If you identify with these dreams then I ask you to support Moshe's candidacy for Likud Knesset member.

Please CLICK HERE and bring us closer to ending the present nightmare of weakness.

Am Yisrael Chai – now and forever!!!

No comments: