Sunday, March 01, 2009

It's up to all of us to build the Temple


And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.
(This week's Torah portion, Terumah, Exodus 25:8)

"What is that picture?" Channel 10 reporter Reno Tzror pointed to the photograph of the Temple photo-shopped onto the Temple Mount that was hanging on my wall.
"That's the Temple," I answered.
"You want to build the Temple?" Reno asked as he urgently motioned to the photographer and sound man to hurry and record the moment so as not to miss any "incriminating evidence."
"Yes," I answered to his satisfaction, and immediately added,
"I want to build the Temple, but to do that, I need you as well."
"Me??" Reno asked.
"Yes," I answered. "The Temple can't be built by an individual. I want to build it, but the way that I can build the Temple is to get you to want to build it too."

Speak to the Children of Israel and they will take for Me an offering, and they will make Me a sanctuary and I will dwell in their midst.

These verses are written in the plural. The Temple is not part of the lot of any particular tribe. It comes from everyone and belongs to everyone.

Today, there are two typical groups that do not want the Temple.
The secular say that the Temple is just for the religious.
The religious say that until the secular do not return to an observant lifestyle, there is no way to build the Temple.

We will not give up on either group. We must bring Jews to the Temple Mount (as per the guidelines of Jewish law) and increase Temple awareness in Israeli society. We must also create leadership that will restore our nation's vitality and natural longing for the Temple.

The Temple Mount is open to Jews on Monday through Thursday,
from 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Be sure to consult with your local rabbi for Jewish law requirements and guidelines for ascending to the Temple Mount.

No comments: